WORD, THEMES, & PROMISES For November 2011
Bukas Loob sa Diyos Covenant Community
WORD, THEMES, & PROMISES
For November 2011
• Nov 6Wis 6:12 -16/ Ps 63:2,3-8/ 1Thes 4:13-18/ Mt 25:1-13
• Nov 13Pro 31:10-13,19-20,30-31/ Ps 128:1-5/ 1Thes 5:1-6/ Mt 25:14-30
• Nov 20Ez 34:11-12, 15-17/ Ps 23:1-3,5-6/ 1Cor 15:20-26,28/ Mt 25:31-46
Christ’s disciples stay awake and are vigilant for the Lord’s second coming.
“Therefore, stay awake, for you know neither the day nor the hour.” (Mt 25: 13)
• Humble yourself, repent and be ready, for you do not know on what day or hour I will come. Be the strength of the poor and the protector of the under-privileged then, I will always with you.
• Be in the state of grace at all times by regularly going to confession and receiving Holy Communion in anticipation of the Lord’s coming.
• Meditate on God’s word and do acts of mercy.
THEMES AND PROMISES
Week#1 (32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time)
Theme:We stay awake and are vigilant for the Lord’s second coming when we seek to know and follow God’s will.
Promise:“We who are alive…shall always be with the Lord.” (1 Thes 4:17)
Week#2 (33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time)
Theme:We stay awake and are vigilant for the Lord’s second coming when we make good use of the gifts and talents given us for the glory of God.
Promise:“Blessed are you who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways! For you shall eat the fruit of your handiwork; happy shall you be, and favored.” (Ps 128:1 – 2)
Week #3 (Christ the King)
Theme:We stay awake and are vigilant for the Lord’s second coming when we respond to the needs of the poor.
Promise:”Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.” (Mt 25:34)
Community Word – Nov 2011 FPage of 1